The SIMS Team is committed to providing support services to schools. Our experienced team have all worked in local schools, have primary and secondary skill sets and fully understand the school environment. We offer support services to schools in the following areas dependent on the SLA purchased:
- telephone support
- remote assistancec
- comprehensive training schedule (unlimited access for Level 2 schools)
- consultancy visits
- administration support service
- support and training for the management information systems (SIMS .net and FMS) within schools
- induction training of new bursars/school business managers on the monthly processes within schools
- bursar support service to cover sickness and period without a bursar/school business manager
- support for statutory returns (School Census, School Workforce Census and Consistent Financial Return)
- termly SAS (School Admin Support) Meetings
Our supported schools have the confidence that we are at the end of a phone and will help them instantly, no matter how small or large the issue is. We resolve most issues on the phone or by remote assistance and if it has to be escalated to Capita, we will see the issue through to satisfactory resolution.
We can offer help in the admin office with your MIS system. SIMs is a tool to drive improvement across your school, to help you analyse how you’re closing the gap with your pupil premium spend and provide comprehensive evidence for inspections.
This data calendar sets out all the regular data requests.
Who to contact
Calls for support should be logged with the ICT Helpdesk on 01344 351100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.