The Bracknell Forest Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education (SACRE) supports the effective provision of Religious Education (RE) and collective worship in Bracknell Forest schools. With its counterparts in the other Berkshire Authorities it is responsible for the Locally Agreed Syllabus for RE. It monitors standards of RE in schools, providing advice and guidance to support the Agreed Syllabus and advises on the conduct of collective worship.
For more information about SACRE including termly meetings.
Resources for teaching RE
Resources to loan
The Resources Centre at Bracknell Forest Education Centre houses published resources for religious education and a collection of artefacts associated with the 6 major world faiths. Many of the artefacts can be viewed in the Education Centre’s main corridor and all are available for loan. For further details, please download the SACRE catalogue.
Resources to download
The Berkshire SACREs have also developed Crossing the Bridges, an enquiry-approach to visiting places of worship. Teaching resources and booking forms can be downloaded with the SACRE catalogue and other resources on this page.
Opening times and loan periods
Opening times and loan periods are the same as those for the Resources Centre.
List of downloadable resources
- Berkshire agreed syllabus for religious education 2018 to 2023
- SACRE catalogue
- Crossing the Bridges – places of worship directory information
- Crossing the Bridges – pupils’ workbook
- Crossing the Bridges – host feedback form
- Crossing the Bridges – schools booking form
- Crossing the Bridges – school feedback to the host place of worship form
- Places of worship directory
- Places of worship booklet – Christianity
- Places of worship booklet – Hinduism
- Places of worship booklet – Islam
- Places of worship booklet – Judaism
- Places of worship booklet – Sikhism